Step by Step Installation 7
Cash Drawer Installation
Why Do You Need a Cash Drawer
Installing a cash drawer is essential because it is one of the core components for all POS System. Although it may seem simple, the cash drawer does helps you to store your money and avoid unauthorised access. Cash drawers are mainly printer driven whereby it will open when receipt is being printed. All you need is proper cabling to connect your cash drawer to the receipt printer.
The USB interfaced cash drawers is commonly used and compatible with POS Market Point of Sales System
How to Install Cash Drawer
To setup and connect your cash drawer hardware with offline POS terminal, you must first install the driver. Below is a simple guide on how to install your cash drawer.
1. Go to POS Market Download Page. Scroll down to POS Terminal Devices Other Drivers and click "Download" on "Cash Drawer USB Trigger" driver or choose "Cash Drawer USB Trigger for Windows 8" if you are using Windows 8 Operating System. (Note: Other than Windows 8 Operating System such as Win7,XP,Vista Choose "Cash Drawer USB Trigger")
2. Unzip the folder and there will be 3 different driver installer folders (depending on your computer OS version).
Choose "PL-2303 XP Driver Installer" if your point of sales system is Windows XP. Then follow the steps below which are shown from Illustration 2 to Illustration 4 to install it.
3. Then, "InstallShield Wizard" windows will be prompted. Click on "Next" button to start install it.
4. Once it has been completely installed, click "Finish".
(Recommended: unplug the cash drawer cable and then plug in the cable again).
5. Finally, after plugging in the cable, you can go to "Device Manager" to check the hardware installation status under Ports.
Below is an illustration showing the example of cash drawer that has been installed successfully.
6. Finally, you can now use your newly installed cash drawer.
Connect Cash Drawer to Thermal Printer
By connecting your cash drawer to a thermal printer, your cash drawer will be able to open during receipt printing whenever a transaction occurs.
1. Connect the cash drawer cable to the back of the printer.
2. Go to Control Panel > Hardware & Sound > Printers. Right-click on your printer and choose "Properties". Then select "Device Settings".
Follow the screenshots closely.
3. Finally, your cash drawer should be functional after the setting is made.
If you need to install a cash drawer without connecting to a thermal printer, we suggest you to use a USB trigger.
1. First connect the USB trigger to the PC via its USB cable.
2. Then connect the cash drawer cable to the USB trigger.
3. Click on POS Client "Setting". Fill in your login details and log in to the settings page.
4. Check both "Auto Open Cash Drawer When Exact/Cash" and "Enable Cash Drawer Trigger" checkboxes.
By referring to #How to Install Cash Drawer section above, look for the cash drawer's port. Choose the right baud value. The standard rate is 9600.
5. Uncheck "Auto Open Cash Drawer When Exact/Cash" if you do not want the cash drawer to automatically open after each transaction is made.
6. Click "Save".
7. Finally, your cash drawer can be used now without connecting to a printer.
Important Related Quick Links