POS System Functions 20
Petty cash is the standby money that will be put into the cashier for running daily business.
Why Do You Need Petty Cash
With dedicated petty cash accounts, one can easily track its financial account. Without proper petty cash set up, financial accounts are lost when one syncs his/her offline data.
How to Configure Petty Cash
There are two ways of setting which is through online and offline.
Cash in is the amount of money, for example RM300 that will put into the cash drawer and record into the offline BMO system.
Note: To Cash In, please make sure you have set up your online and offline petty cash. Refer to “Petty Cash Setup Online” and “Petty Cash Setup Offline" section below.
1. To insert your cash in, click on Petty Cash and select P.T.Cash on the navigation menu.
2. In Petty Cash window, click on Cash In button.
3. Insert your description and amount to be cashed in. Then, click Apply.
4. After apply cash in, “Total” on bottom right will increase - based on the value you insert.
Cash out is the end of one business day that will be used to calculate total sales and the amount of money must be deduct the cash in amount in able to get the exact amount of sales on that day.
1. To insert your cash out, click on Petty Cash and select P.T.Cash on the navigation menu.
2. In Petty Cash window, click on Cash Out button.
3. Insert your description and amount to be cashed out. Then, click Apply.
4. After apply cash out, “Total” on bottom right will decrease - based on the value you insert.
Petty Cash Setup Online
Once the online setting has been done, offline pos can save the petty cash setting by syncing.
Please refer to section Initial Online POS System Setup
Petty Cash Setup Offline
After the syncing process is done, some minor setting has to be configured at the offline pos.
Please refer to section Initial POS System Setup Offline POS Terminal
Petty Cash Setup for Multiple Stations
This setting can be applied in multiple station that are allocated at different branches. What needs to be done is repeat the steps in the petty cash setup online and offline. Illustrations below will show you how it works.
Please refer to section Multiple Stations Setup for Petty Cash.
How to View Petty Cash Report
1. To view petty cash report, click on Petty Cash and select P.T.Cash on the navigation menu.
2. In Petty Cash window, click on Report button.
3. In Report Preview window, click on Export button.
4. Give a name (e.g. Petty Cash Report) to the file and save it.
5. Right-click on the file and open it with a program (e.g. OpenOffice.org Calc/ Microsoft Excel).
6. Before open the report, refer to Illustration 5 below for the right setting and click OK.
How to Turn Off the Petty Cash Total Amount Display (Online)
1. First, go to posmarket.com.my and login to the POS system.
2. Go to Admin > Permission Setting > Group Permission.
3. Click Edit on Group which you would like to edit.
4. Scroll all the way down the page to P.O.S section. Under Point Of Sales, click "+Menu", then "+func".
5. Untick “Petty Cash Total”.
6. Click Submit button to save the setting.
How to Turn Off the Petty Cash Total Amount Display (Offline)
1. Click on the "Setting" button to login to your POS "Settings" window.
2. Login to your POS "Settings" window.
3. At "Login" tab, click on the Permissions button.
4. Select an employee name and change your employee permission by changing the access value. After modify, click on the Update button.
Note: You changes permission may affect other employee in the users affected region.
5. A message box will pop out and state that group permission updated. Click OK to dismiss the message.
6. Close "View Permission" window.
7. In "POS Client Login" window, click on the Save button to save the settings.
8. A message box will pop out and state that initial sync will begin. Click OK to dismiss the message.
9. Another message box will pop out and state new setting has been downloaded. Click OK to restart the application.
10. Then, system will backup your data.
11. "Petty Cash" window before permission is set.
12. "Petty Cash" window after permission is set.