Power Management on Fingerprint Device
This pages is for power management on fingerprint device. according to our experiment of it, the fingerprint device is often having malfunction such as the device unable to read the fingerprint or the software is freezed. We believe that the root-cause of it was because of the Universal Series Bus (USB) of the fingerprint device was turn off in order to reserve the power. By following this guide, we may prevent it from having this malfunction.
Power Management on Window 8.1
1. First of all, go to "Control Panel" and click on "Hardware and Sound".
2. Next, click on the "Change battery settings".
3. After that, you can choose either one of the "Change plan settings" will do it.
4. Next, click on the "Change advanced power settings".
5. After clicking, the "Power Options" will show up, then search for "USB settings" and disable the suspend setting as below. By doing this will prevent the USB cable to be disabled.
6. Now going back to the “Control Panel” again and click on “Hardware and Sound”.
7. Click on the “Device Manager” at the “Devices and Printers”.
8. After that, search for “Universal Serial Bus controllers” and choose the USB of your fingerprint device.
9. After clicking, go to “Power Management” tab, untick both of the option just like in the illustration below. Now this will prevent the fingerprint device to be turned off.
Power Management on Window 10
1. Firstly, go to "Settings" and select the "System".
2. Next, go to "Power & Sleep" tab, click on the "Additional power settings".
3. Now select either one of the “Change plan settings”.
4. Now click on “Change advanced power settings”.
5. After the “Power Options” show up, disable the suspend setting as below in the USB settings. By doing this will prevent the USB cable to be disabled.
6. Now go back to the “Settings” and Choose “Devices”.
7. Next, Select “Connected devices” and select “Device manager”.
8. Now, search for “Universal Serial Bus controllers” and select USB of your fingerprint device.
9. Finally, go to "Power Management" tab, untick both of the option like the illustration below. Now this will prevent the fingerprint device to be turned off.