POS System Functions 42
Use Finger Print to Login POS System
BMO POS System is integrated with Fingerprint login function as it reduces login time and improves security. Adapting fingerprint login could prevent multiple staffs sharing the same pin number and "buddy punching".
You can purchase fingerprint scanner for each of your POS Station. Once they are connected to your POS Stations, you (or your staff) can log into the designated employee account at any POS station (within the branch location) with by scanning the finger.
Below, we have guides on how you can setup the U.ARE.U Fingerprint Scanner.
If you would like to know how to login to POS System by scanning your fingerprint, you can refer to Print Login to POS System, Step 13.
For other related guides, please refer below:
|Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Web Installer)||View Guide|
|SQLite Framework 4.0||View Guide|
|POS Client Installation||View Guide|
How to Install U.ARE.U RTE Driver
Download Driver 1. Go to POS Market and click "Download" at the top navigation menu.
2. At the Download page, scroll down to POS Drivers and download 'U.are.U 4500 Thumbprint Reader' driver.
Install Driver 1. After downloading the file, you have to right-click the file and click "Extract File" to unzip the file.
2. Double-click the "Setup" file in URU4500-framework inside RTE folder.
3. When InstallShield Wizard box pops up, click "Next" to proceed.
4. Click "I accept the terms in the license agreement" after reading through the license agreement and click "Next" to proceed.
5. Click "Next" from illustration 7 until illustration 9. Click "Install" as shown in illustration 10.
6. When the following window pops up, it means the RTE driver will be installed to your computer. You have to wait till the process completes.
7. When Window RTE installation is completed, click 'Finish' to exit the wizard.
8. After installing the program, you need to restart your computer. Click "Yes" to restart it.
How to Setup Finger Print Login
1. Firstly, you need to open your "BMO offine pos" and click the Option for different Client.
2. Select "Human Resource Management Client" and enter User Name and Password to login.
3. Plug in fingerprint reader to your computer.
4. At the Human Resource Management Client window, go to Employee section and click "Employee List".
5. Select the employee and click "Finger Print Enroll".
6. When the Finger Print Enrollment box pops up, your employees can start to put their thumb on the finger print reader to scan the finger print.
7. The pos system will read the finger print that captured automatically.
NOTE: You have to repeat step 7 for 3 times until the finger print template is ready for you to save.
8. Click "Save" to save the finger print for your employee and log out.
9. You need to run your "BMO Offine POS" again and login to "Setting" page.
10. Then, go to Login section
11. Tick to enable the Finger Print Login and click "Save" to apply.
12. A BMO message box will pop out and show that initial sync will begin. Click 'OK' to dismiss the message.
13. Another message box will pop out and show that new setting has been downloaded. Click 'OK' to dismiss the message and restart the bmo application.
14. Now, your employee can scan his thumb by using finger print reader to log in the Pos Client account.