POS System Functions 25
What is Offline and Online Serial Control
An item can have one MFG code with multiple serial numbers. POS Market Malaysia, Online POS System has release the item serial module. In Online POS System, you can let users receive serial numbers in big quantities.
In addition to that, you can control the “Item Serial Online” module in group permission setting. When your customers purchasing items with serial number, offline POS terminal will automatically deduct your company’s on-hand quantity and online POS system will automatically remove that serial number.
1. First, go to posmarket.com.my and login to the POS system.
2. Go to Admin > Permission Setting > Group Permission.
3. Click Edit on Group which you would like to edit.
4. Scroll all the way down the page to P.O.S section. Under Point Of Sales, click "+Menu", then "+func".
5. Tick “Item Serial Online”.
6. Click Submit button to save the setting.
7. In your BMO Online system, go to Item > Item > New Item.
8. Fill in the item details dan click Save button.
9. A message box will pop out and show that you have successfully added a new item. Click OK.
10. Then, an Attach Price and Location page will pop out.
- Insert item 'Location' and 'Price Unit'.
- Insert the item 'Selling Price' and 'Cost Price'. The system will calculate item price after discount under Net Unit Price.
- Click 'Save' to apply the setting.
11. A message box will pop out to inform you that the item location and price has been set. Click OK to dismiss the message.
12. From the item list, click 'Receive' on the item which you would like to receive new item.
13. In the To Receive Item Without Purchase Order page, insert 'Base Unit', 'Quantity Received' and 'Total Cost'.
14. Then, click Add Line button to add serial number for received items.
15. Insert Serial Number for received items and click 'Save'.
16. A message box will pop out and show that you have successfully received items. Click OK to dismiss the message.
17. In the item list, click 'S/N' on the item which you would like to view its serial number.
18. Below is the example of item serial number.
19.Once you make the item transaction from offline pos, the serial number that you had used will be recorded as 'SOLD'.
1. Login to your POS Client account.
2. In the POS Terminal, Click Sync button to get the data you edit on online POS.
3. After sync, the system will request you to restart the application. Click OK and log out from your POS Terminal.
4. Login to your POS Client account again.
5. Select item that you insert the serial number on your online pos account.
6. An item box will pop out. Insert the serial number that you generated and click the 'select icon'.
7. The item serial number is now inserted. Click Update button to proceed.
8. A message box will pop out. Click OK to overwrite the item serial number.
9. Then, the new item will be add in item list with its serial number. You can now continue with transaction process.
Serial Control is Available in Online or Offline?
Serial Control is available in both Online and Offline. You can set an item serial number through your POS Market Account.
Difference between Online Serial and Offline Serial
- Online Serial can only be used if you have subscribed to our online POS Market online. Item serial number is created through online account.
Impact of Online Serial when Your Internet is Slow
You may not have a successful transaction as the system may not able to detect the serial numbers that you generated, and so you are not able to insert and update as well as used the serial numbers as expected.
If you are using online serial, please make sure your online account do not expired.