Before users start to use our BMO Point of Sales (POS) system, users are required to register an account with POS Terminal modules in our posmarket.com.my to experience our BMO Point of Sales (POS) Offline System.
Register at POSMarket.com.my
Everyone is welcomed to create a new account in our PosMarket.com.my. Registering an account with POS Market is the first step towards a complete POS system setup. Below is a short tutorial on how to register for POS Market's account.
1. Visit our website www.POSMarket.com.my and click on the "Login/Register" tab at the top navigation menu.
2. Please fill in all the required details:
- Company Name
- Company Code
- Username and etc.
Click the "Submit" button once you have confirmed all the details you entered is correct.
NOTE: Once you have submitted your registration, you cannot change your Company Code.
3. After submitting your registration, you will receive an activation email from the system. Please refer to #Login
After you have done the registration, a verification email will be sent to the email you filled in during registration. You have to activate the account before you can start to use BMO's POS System.
1. Check inbox /spam /junk folder of your email for the email from BMO System. Once you found the email, view it and click "Activate My Account".
2. Key in your login details to login into BMO online point of sales system at POS Market Login
3. After login, you will see the page as shown below.
Get Information for Offline Setup
Before you are able to start using BMO Offline POS System, you have to do a configuration in our offline POS system. During the configuration step, you would be required to fill in some details which could be obtained from the online POS System account you have registered earlier.
Also, to install your POS Client successfully, you need to install .NET Framework and SQLite. Please refer below for more information.
Below is a simple guide on how you can get your details and fill it into your POS Client configuration panel.
1. Click on the "Setting" button to login into the Offline Pos System settings' panel.
2. Fill in the information accordingly and the info can be obtained from your online pos system account.
- Company ID
- Branch ID
- API key
As for the 3 items below, you can insert the details you have used during registration.
- Company Code
- Admin Username
- Admin Password
3. At the Online POS System, go to "Admin" at the top navigation menu and click on "Company Info".
4. In the Company Info page, you will see the Company ID, API key and Company Code. Copy the info and paste it in your Offline POS Client.
5. To check the branch ID, please go to Admin > Branches > Branch list.
6. The Branch ID is displayed in this page. Different branches will have different id. Fill in the Branch ID into your Offline POS Client settings panel.
NOTE: It depends on your POS Terminal is installed for which branch.
7. After you have complete filling in all the information, it should look similar to the screenshot below. Click on "Save" button to save all the information.
NOTE: You can fill in your Next Receipt Number, Receipt Prefix (Prefix) and Currency according to your needs.
- Next Receipt No. - From which number should your receipt number starts.
- Receipt Prefix - You can leave it blank or fill in words,letters or numbers (which will be printed before the Next Receipt Number)
- Currency - Fill in your country's denomination. This depends on your commonly used currency during transaction.
8. A small window will pop up and to inform you that the information is saved. Please click "OK" to procced.
9. Another window pops up to notify you that the setting has been saved. You are required to restart your POS Client application to start using it. Click on "OK" button to complete the process.
10. Restart the Offline POS Client and click on the "Register" button.
11. A small window is prompted and notifies you that you have successfully registered with BMO POS system. Please click OK to dismiss the message.
12. For those of you who wants to try our Trial Version POS Client, you can just ignore this step and start enjoying our Offline POS System.
Once you have decided to use POS Market's POS System, just make your payment and inform us your activation code by email. After we have activated your account, return to the login screen of Offline POS System and click "Activate" button to activate your POS Terminal application.
13. Finally, you have completely activated your POS System account and POS Terminal. You can now proceed to the basic POS Terminal initial setup steps.
Initial Online POS System Setup
After you have complete configuring the basic POS System account settings, there is a few more simple POS Terminal setups to do before you start to use our POS System. The following steps are important to ensure you can operate your POS Terminal smoothly.
Online POS System
Petty Cash setting is important for your business, which can help you to record your cash flow for every transaction, cash in or cash out. Configuration for petty cash must be done before you start your business by using our Offline POS System. Below are some steps to help you to configure your online POS system.
1. Firstly, go to posmarket.com.my and login to the POS system.
2. Go to "P.O.S > POS Setting".
3. Click on the 'Search Icon' to navigate to account code list.
4. Then, select account code to assign to Pay In and Pay Out respectively.
5. Then, click Save button to save the setting.
6. A notification will be shown to inform you that the configuration has been updated successfully.
7. Finally, Petty Cash Setting for Online POS System is done. Please refer to the next step on synchronising your offline POS System.
Initial Offline POS Terminal Synchronisation
After you have done Online Petty Cash Setting, you need to synchronise your Offline POS Terminal with the Online POS System. You Offline POS Terminal will download the necessary settings from the online account and establish a link to the Online POS System. Then you would be able to make further configurations to your POS Client.
1. Login to the main POS Client window.
2. Press the "Sync" button to save the setting from Online to Offline POS system.
3. After the synchronisation is complete. There will be a pop up window informing you to restart your BMO Offline POS System. Click "Ok" button to complete the process and restart the application.
4. Finally, the initial synchronise for your Offline POS Terminal is completed.
Offline POS Terminal
After performing initial synchronisation, you can now setup your petty cash.
1. Login to the main POS Client window.
2. To do the setting for your Offline POS Terminal Petty Cash, click Petty Cash and select P.T.Cash on the navigation menu.
3. In the Petty Cash window, click Setting button.
4. Select account code for Petty Cash Account and Cash Out Account and click Save.
5. After saving, a small window will be prompted to inform you that the petty cash setting has been saved. Click OK.
6. Now that the petty cash setting is done, every future transaction which involves cash in and cash out, will be recorded in a list in this Petty Cash section.
If you would like to create multiple branches for your company, you are allowed to do this in our Online POS System. By default every POS System account have only one Headquarters. Please contact our system administrator to add branch limit for you should you require. Therefore, you can start to create branches with our Online POS System.
1. Login to your Online POS Market account at POS Market Login
2. Firstly , go to "Branch List" (Admin > Branches > Branch List)
3. Then click on the "New Branch Button"
4. Firstly, fill in the details in Branch Information. Secondly, fill in the address, phone number and fax under "Additional Info" tab.
5. Finally, fill in the details under default inventory location and then click on "Save" button.
NOTE: Uncheck "Same Address as Branch" if the inventory address is different from your branch address. Then key in the alternate address accordingly.
After saving, a new branch will be displayed in the branch list.
Setting for New Branch in Offline POS System
1. Login to your POS Client Settings Panel.
2. Go to Admin > Branches > Branch List. Fill in the information and new branch ID in the Offline POS System setting and click "Apply".
3. Restart your Offline POS Terminal Application and you can see that the location shown is the inventory location of new branch.
4. Finally, the new branch setup for Offline POS system is done.
Offline POS System is capable in supporting multiple stations. Multiple station function allows you to link multiple computers in your company and share the sales information in the same database under same network.
For example, a company with multiple computer can share the database folder which is located at the main computer. This multiple station allow company's employees to access the same system with different accounts and different computers.
You MUST take note that:
- Employee's computer in same workgroup
- The main database folder is in sharing mode
- Employees have to map into the sharing database folder
Please refer to the steps below carefully to setup up multiple stations in your store.
Employee's Computer in Same Workgroup
Those computer in same the workgroup would able to share folder with each other. You have to make sure their company computers including the computer with main database folder are in same workgroup before they start to share the main database folder.
Below are some steps to check and change your workgroup.
1. Go to (My Computer (right click) > Properties > Computer Name). You can see your computer is in which workgroup.
2. If employee's computer is not in same workgroup with main computer. Please click on the "Change" button to change your workgroup.
3. Change the workgroup name and exactly same as the workgroup name of the main computer. Then click "OK" button and restart your computer.
4. After restarting your computer, please repeat Step 1 to check your computer workgroup name.
Our Offline POS System will auto generate a database folder name "bmo" in C:\ drive. Below is some steps to show you how to share the database folder.
1. Right click on the database folder in your C Drive and select "Properties".
2. Click "Share Tab" to change the database folder to sharing mode. Go to (bmo Properties > Sharing > Tick "Share folder on this network" & "Allow network users to change my files"). Click "Apply", then "OK")
3. Finally, share folder is complete.
Employees to Map Sharing Database Folder
After sharing the bmo folder, employees can now map the shared folder and they can share the same database. Below is a short guide on how you can do so.
1. To view the workgroup computer on your network, go to ( Start Menu > My Network Places > View workgroup computers ).
2. You can see a number of computers which is under the same workgroup and network. Next, double click to access the main computer that shares the database.
3. Right click on the folder which is the main database and map the database folder by clicking on the Map Network Drive.
4. A Map Network Device window will pop up. You are required to specify a drive letter for the connection and the folder which you want to connect. After the selection is done, click on "Finish" button.
5. You can now connect with the shared folder and view the details in the mapped folder.
6. After you have succcessfully map the main database folder, you are required to do some simple setting before you can start to use the BMO application, please refer to next final section.
Setting in Offline POS Terminal
A final simple configuration have to be done before you start to do the setting in your Offline POS Terminal. We have to copy the files in the main database and use those files in the employee's computer, which mean employees will be using the same setting and database as the main computer.
1. Firstly, go to the bmo folder of the main computer (database) and copy all the files inside the bmo folder EXCEPT the sn.inf file.
2. Replace the files in the bmo folder of your employee's computer with those files which you copied from the main database computer.
3. Now open your Offline POS System and login to the setting section with the username and password of the main computer.
4. Use the database of the shared folder. Go to Database folder to select the location of the database file. All mapped folder will be shown in "My Computer". Select the folder that you had specified a drive letter for it. After that click Ok button.
5. Click on the Apply button to save the setting.
6. Now you can start using your Offline POS system by login in with the main computer's username and pasword of Offline POS system. All the transaction will be recorded in the database.